Monday, July 28, 2014

Hair Issues? why yes i do!

so a few months ago I started to notice when I would wash my hair that chunks of it was falling out and I would end up with 2 hands full :( I had recently got my hair dyed and why I do believe that was half of the factor  I don't think it was all of it (I remember sitting in the chair while getting it done and telling my sister in law how a few days before I washed it and a lot of it had broken off) I went to the doctor and he did some test.. my iron was really low (which also could have played a role) I also was stressed pretty much to the max with job issues (a whole different story for a later time) but I would just cry to my husband and say I don't understand why this is happening?! I wanted to stop washing my hair bc I felt if I washed it just one more time I'd be bald O_O

at the end of the day its "just" hair... for some reason "society" reasons we feel less beautiful w/o it which would explain the weave epidemic! and not that I have anything against bc it surely is beautiful and does some transformations and I have wore it and was surely headed to the hair store had I lost it all completely but I do give kudos to those that are natural... that are saying "hey society, I don't give a EFF word what you think... I'm going to be me!" I think that's beautiful and beyond! however, ill be honest and say I am not that secure in myself as of yet.. I guess I still like to hide behind my hair (i'll work on that) but okay back to this hair loss situation; so I started to take my iron supplements and then I started to do a lot of researching about hairs and shampoo's and so on and so on (I was a bit obsessed) I had a friend tell me about co-washing which is strictly cutting out shampoo's and using conditioner only. while shampoo's strip your of all the nastiness it also has a lot of strong  ingredients that aren't good for your hair.

I haven't completely transitioned over to co- washing yet but I did do my home work on what's good for your hair and what to feed it to make it thicken and stronger. a few things are: aloe juice, rosemary oil, the 3 omega fatty acids and biotin. well while I was out searching for this perfect "natural" shampoo that I didn't think I was going to find, I actually did!

at least for now I feel like its the perfect one. No sulfates or any of the bad stuff... all natural and with the right ingredients to get your hair back to a healthy state. here's a before and after picture (mind you I have been spending more time than usual on my hair with feeding it and wearing hairstyles that I don't always want to wear but I'm starting to notice a change for the better and getting my hair back on track)
 
my hair still isn't where I wish for it to be and I do realize it'll take some time but THANK GOD for the growth on my edges that i'm starting to see and now the focus is to get it fuller bc its still very very thin :/ but hey it could be a lot worse.. on the bright side I still have something to work with, so let me be grateful :) any who just thought I'd share this little experience and maybe some of the info will help someone. Not saying that these products will work on every one the same and im sure everyone wont like it but its certainly worth the shot!
-Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment